Friday, December 9, 2011

The Lottery Epiphany

I had an epiphany to justify my madness last night... Over 100,000,000 people play the SC powerball lottery TWICE a week!
If everyone of those people gave just ONE MORE DOLLAR ONCE THAT YEAR, M.O.B would raise $100,000,000.00 towards community sustainability. ONE DIME A MONTH, a quarter each time they play.... wow, we just might not need Federal tax money to sustain anymore!
I pay myself $5.00 a week, which goes into a can marked "Wish List." This money, is my own little stash for things I don't need but, really want (like massages, or art supplies.) 
This week, I am implementing a new challenge for myself- $5.00 a week into a can marked "Pay It Forward."
I wouldn't expect everyone to stop playing the lottery- it supports our education system anyhow but, if you play, why not set aside a quarter each time for charitable donations? 
Odds for winning Powerball: 1 in 111,000,000 this week
Chances of changing the planet if everyone gave a dollar:  Guaranteed!

No comments:

Post a Comment